Our Children’s Department has been set up to serve the needs of families and children from infants through 6th grade.
You are invited to stop in and browse our Children’s Library located in the lower level of our building. In addition to books, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, and magazines, we also offer:
- Take & Make Craft Kits (geared for preschoolers but all are welcome!)
- Wonderbooks (books with an audiobook component built in)
- Book Bundles (pre-selected fiction and non-fiction titles about the same theme – save you time with browsing!)
- Daycare Backpack Kits (themed titles and activities – great for daycares and families)
- Phonics Sets/Leveled Readers (boxed sets for different reading levels)
- STEAM-to-GO Kits (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math- based kits with hands-on learning activities and reading materials)
- Foreign language fiction section
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Reading Challenge – stop by the Children’s Desk to register & earn fun prizes as you go!
We offer programming for children of all ages such as an annual Summer Reading Program, storytimes, opportunities to read to a therapy dog, music & movement, tween scene, author talks, story walks, and more. Check out our events page for current happenings.
Please contact our Head of Children’s Services, Jamie Mercer, with any questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-284-5031.