Our Children’s Department has been set up to serve the needs of families and children from infants through 6th grade.
You are invited to stop in and browse our Children’s Library located in the lower level of our building. In addition to books, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, and magazines, we also offer:
- Wonderbooks (books with an audiobook component built in)
- Daycare Backpack Kits (themed titles and activities – great for daycares and families)
- Phonics Sets/Leveled Readers (boxed sets for different reading levels)
- STEAM-to-GO Kits (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math- based kits with hands-on learning activities and reading materials)
- Foreign language fiction section
- Ongoing reading challenges such as 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten, 100 Books Before Middle School, Summer Reading Challenge, and more! Sign up at wjnlib.beanstack.org or download the Beanstack app.
- Sensory WJN app – a customized app to assist kids on the autism spectrum and their families when they visit our library. Available for free on Apple & Android devices.
We offer programming for children of all ages such as an annual Summer Reading Program, storytimes, opportunities to read to a therapy dog, sensory play events, author talks, storywalks, Minecraft Club, and more. Check out our events page for current happenings.
Please contact our Head of Youth Services, Jamie Mercer, with any questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-284-5031.